Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've said it before

But I'll say it again. :-) And again, I'm sure.

Vitamin d rocks.

I just finished reading another site's report of the vitamin d deficiency and cesarean link I mentioned a few posts back. Here's an excerpt:
"The study found that a deficiency of vitamin D is linked to hypertension (high blood pressure) and muscle weakness, two conditions that may be associated with a higher risk of requiring a C-section. In other studies, vitamin D deficiency has been linked to pre-eclampsia, a condition which occurs in later pregnancy, causing high blood pressure and protein in the urine. Pre-eclampsia is a serious illness which can threaten both mother and baby" (Jennifer Bunn, RN, "Want to Avoid a C-Section? Make Sure You Get Enough Vitamin D").
Science relieves my conscience again... guess that sunblock can stay in the back of the cupboard with the folic acid. ;-)

No comments: